Monday, January 07, 2013

I know it's been a long time

I have not been blogging much at all over the past five years.  There have been a lot of life changes over the past five or six years.  I have been through a dissolution of marriage, remarriage, and having three children come into my life.  I have stuck by my same job for eighteen years now, but gone through a lot of changes with technology.  I have gone through changes in Church fellowship and friends.  I got a TV talk show, then it got canceled after a six or seven month run.  My newspaper column was canceled after a six year run.  I now do a recorded short TV commentary each week that I also put on YouTube.

Overall, I truly lost me passion for blogging.  Sure, I still have opinions and enjoy media work.  I have just put my priorities in other directions.  With a 9-year-old, 3-year-old, and now a 9-month-old, I have been kept extremely busy.

I have known for a long time that I had to revamp my blog.  I just haven't done it.  I am not so sure I even like my blog's template.  I just chose something to use for now until I decide to take the time to invest more time.

I have put most of my links, commentary, and interaction on Facebook rather than blogging it.  I may change that concept.  If I blog things then share them on Facebook, at least I may get more blog hits and some revenue out of it.  I dunno.

No comments: